Anyone read a great book recently? I just finished the graphic novel Cardboard, and I'm looking for something new to read. Heck, I'll even take a "just okay" book!
Edit (6/15/13): A few of the books you recommended for me. Can't wait to get to them!
Edit (6/15/13): A few of the books you recommended for me. Can't wait to get to them!
Divergent,Insurgent,and Allegiant!Absolutely the best books ever!Yes,Allegiant hasn't come out yet but I pre-ordered it!I would have put in a review but this isn't really my library so..yeah....I'm a few states away!Also I just read the book The Invisible Man by H.G. Wells.It was ok but I'm not sure if I fully understood it either.
ReplyDeleteP.S.HC library teens miss you!
-Lianna
LIANNA!!!!! I miss you too!
DeleteI really can't wait to read Allegiant. I also can't wait to see the movie version of Divergent! Have you read "Legend" by Marie Lu? There are SO many teen dystopian books like the Hunger Games out right now that I'm getting a little tired of them, but I did really like Legend more than I thought I would. Definitely send me book recommendations anytime!
Ok haha I'll try legend now that school is soo close to being out! I haven't been to the library in forever! Our school has a library but not that much of a selection like I've read all of them!However the HC library just donated a ton of new books so I am really excited!Except it's the end of the year..... I wonder if there is any new teen cafe sort of program at the library(like I said I havn't been there in forever)!
Delete-lianna
Well I guess there'll be a ton of awesome new books waiting for you when you get back to school! I'm not sure if there will be any teen programs this summer at HC....But there will definitely be a ton at the North County branch in Clinton! If you to the live animals show, pet some of the animals for me! Pet some of the animals on your farm for me, too!
DeleteI'm going to a few in Clinton this summer...I hope!
DeleteI'll have to check out the north county library! Currently we have a bunch of cats,a bunch of ducks,one chicken,a couple rabbits and 4 baby bunnies,7 sheep,and 2 pigs!We just got the pigs and they are so cute! However they will grow to be huge pigs!!!This is kind of off topic but I find it funny how because of the time differences it says that one of my posts was at 5:07 AM. lol The earliest I wake up is 7 AM!
DeleteShe had kittens a few weeks ago...They were SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DeleteSEND ME KITTEN PICTURES!
DeleteI'm reading The False Prince right now, it's really good
ReplyDeleteAwesome! I read that book and loved it! I can't wait to get to the second book in the series.
DeleteHi Tanvi!!!!
ReplyDeleteMy favorite books of all time:
ReplyDeleteDUN DUN DUN!!!
1. Star Wars: Labyrinth of Evil (A must read for anyone who's even HEARD of Star Wars!!! Prequel to Revenge of the Sith, I read it before seeing the movie a few years ago)
2. Star Wars: Legacy of the Force (Series. Book 5, Sacrifice is SO SAD!!!!!!!!! My favorite character in THE ENTIRE SW SAGA dies!!! I cried when she died, and I'm not much of a crier. Just twice. The first one, Lianna and Tanvi very well know...)
3. Peace, Love, and Baby Ducks, by Lauren Myracle (I hate her other books, but this one is amazing)
4. Percy Jackson/Heroes of Olympus (ALL OF THEM!!!)
5. Dork Diaries, by Rachel Renee Russell (A little juvenile, but good)
6. The Courtship of Princess Leia, by ?????? (To date, the ONLY Star Wars romance)
7. The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins (Yay! Kids killing each other! What's not to like!!)
8. Star Wars: The New Jedi Order (Series. ET aliens invade the Star Wars galaxy. NOT AS CHEESY AS IT SOUNDS!!!)
9. House of Night, by Kristen and PC Cast (Series. Vampire kids at boarding school. Very Twilight meets Star Wars meets Hunger Games)
10. Aw, I don't know there are too many!!! I could go on and on and on and on forever!!!
Addendum:
Delete5. Belles, by Jen Calonita (Series. Full of Southern charm, scandals, and a life-changing secret)
9. Secrets of my Hollywood Life, by Jen Calonita (Series. Hollywood's IT girl decides to go incognito)
P.S. If any of you are considering Dork Diaries, the first book is truly dreadful, but the rest of the series is awesome! So hang in there and don't judge it by the first book.
DeleteI keep meaning to read Jen Calonita's books. I even actually just suggested the Secrets of my Hollywood Life series to someone a few days ago!
DeleteAnd yes, I remember quite well how much you love the Hunger Games :D Do you still have your HG t-shirt from the lock-in?!
P.S. HI GRACE!!!!!!!! I miss you!
I most definitely do have it! And Addendum to my list: At #2, Revenge of the Sith Novelization (So much more intense than the movie...Anakin's _exact motivations_...Obi-Wan and Padme's heartbreak...Additional scenes...And a running joke about losing lightsabers! There's also a moment that is SO SAD!!! Obi-Wan thinks he's about to be killed on Utapau and he (sob) thinks that he always expected Anakin to be there when he died. It really emphasizes Obi-Wan and Anakin's friendship, making it so much more heartbreaking than the movie)
DeleteI'm now wearing a Roman toga made out of what was going to be a Jedi robe for a costume for Mr. Rome's birthday dinner. Apparently we're going to eat a replica Roman meal...
Also, not only do I still have my tshirt, I also still have the template tacked to my wall. What?? It looks really cool! There's just a little gold paint on it and it creates a remarkable effect.
DeleteBennett is so funny! I didn't know he was so into all things Roman. I love that you still have the Mockingjay template! I wish I'd saved one for myself! Do you still have your armband too? Which district were you?
DeleteI was 10. I wanted to be 4 so badly...Bennett's Roman obsession started-actually, I think it started when he read The Son of Neptune.
DeleteDid you notice that I really, really love Star Wars?
DeleteGrace, I heard through the rumormill that you're like, a total Star Wars-hater! What's up with that?
Delete;)
AAH! MY COMPUTER JUST FLIPPED OUT!!!
ReplyDeletehahaha let me see that was....4 posts in one day! hahahaha but its okay because i have written very long ones which I am know to do! hahaah I am sooo mad! tomorrow and the next my grade was supposed to go to camp bernie(you go into the woods and such for games). But tomorrow is cancelled due to the terrifying weather! agh! It's an annual 6th grade trip and not once have they ever had to cancel,they even went when it was raining!So they are trying to reschedule for Monday.....which is our math placement test...agh! they should have done it earlier in the year! I could go on and on but here are my top recent 3 favorite books:
ReplyDelete1. twilight(lol sad to say this but I love edward!)
2. Each little bird that sings(Probably one of the 5 times I have cried for a book)
3. Divergent series!!!(the best book in the history of future books!!!lol*)
those are my favorite for now lol it will change for tomorrow though!
*get my pun? lol tell me if you figure it out!
No, I don't see it.
ReplyDeleteits really corny...
DeleteHistory and Future.....It's an oxymoron!!! (and a pretty freaking good one....Good job, Lianna!)
Deletethanks!haha lol
DeleteGuess what Mr. Rome AKA Bennett got for his birthday?
ReplyDeleteA real replica gladius.
haha thats awesome!!!! tell him happy birthday and ask him if he is playing toothpaste anytime!!!!jajajaja lol Tanvi and anyone else:you most likely dont want to know what toothpaste is.....jajajajaj!!!
DeleteErm, yes funny that is! Jajaja this makes me say. Tell you I will if ask you do. Yoda I am.
Deletedo you know what drives me CRAZY? How the good guys ALWAYS WIN! IN EVERYTHING!! It's unrealistic!! I like dark stuff, and intense stuff and emotional stuff and the bad guys winning. (then again i also like chick-lit fluff)
ReplyDeleteME TOO!You know what drives me crazy? a series of books,well more like a collection,but they all have the same storyline I will give an example: 2 chapters describing life,1 chapter there fathr is taken away,3 chapters 2 people close to them die,4 chapters complaing and getting married,6 chapters about there life and how they hate it.this is what happens in(im a bit ashamed to admit this)a princess book collection...yeah well keep rolling yours eyes but I hate going to the basement to get books because of the spiders so I sent Nora down to get some books...apparently the 5 yr old isn't to good at finding books!*I have decided to put a line of something over the first a in my name so people know its said like Lee-anna instead of Lee-on-a!
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteRead "The Chocolate War" by Robert Cormier. It's one of those books that ends up on the American Library Association's banned books list a lot. I'll be honest, a lot of people hate it, but it is actually my favorite YA book of all time.
DeleteAlso, I sort of hate that like, EVERY BOOK EVER apparently needs to have a love triangle (almost always one girl deciding between two guys). I mean I know, raging hormones and whatever, but I'm pretty sure it IS possible for a girl to have guys friends without falling ridiculously in love with them :P
DeleteYou should read Artemis Fowl if you haven't already. Butler is AWESOME!!
ReplyDelete(He even has a word named after his family!)
I've read the first couple books and really liked them -- Obviously I need to pick up the rest of the series! Do you read Alex Rider, too? Or the Artemis Fowl graphic novels?
DeleteBTW, Alex Rider is sort of like a kid James Bond character. In the first book, "Stormbreaker," Alex is 14 and lives with his uncle in England until one day his uncle is shot. Alex always assumed Uncle Ian was some like, rich banker, but it turns out he was actually a top secret agent spy! Alex is forced to finish his uncle's last mission, and it's basically just good, fun, old-fashioned non-stop action, chase scenes, and crazy tech gadgets from there. We have it APL if you're interested!
DeleteI love the Alex Rider series!I recommended it to a couple friends and now basically everyone in my grade had read at least one book from that series!Even the people who hate to read!(sigh)
DeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteSome books I like:
ReplyDeleteThe Dead is... Series by Marlene Perez. (First book titled: Dead is the New Black)
Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi. (Second book titled: Destroy Me)
Beastly by Alex Flinn
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
Beauty Queens by Libba Bray
-Caitlyn
"Beauty Queens" ranks up there in my top 10 favorite YA books! Love "Perks of Being a Wallflower," too (side note--I was in high school when "Perks" came out, and it was this like, HUGE underground favorite. I'm glad the movie's made it popular again. So worth reading!)
DeleteI haven't read "The Dead Is..." series yet, but I remember buying the most recent one a few months ago and being interested. I think you and I might have pretty similar reading tastes, so I'm pretty psyched about getting to your recs!
I love that dog in your profile picture!!! That's my favorite breed ever!
DeleteThanks Grace!
Delete