Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Awesome. Yeah, That Pretty Much Says It All.

Courtesy of Carol Hartsell/Huffington Post via npr.org
Um, yes.  This is THE coolest house ever, beating out both the entirely underground house (which I guess may or may not be cool, as I've never actually really seen it, since it's, you know, underground) and the octagon-shaped house that were both near my home back in New Jersey (although to be honest, I guess they were more "kind-of-weird-and-therefore-sort-of-interesting" than actually "cool"). Anyway, this house is awesome.  Aaron Jackson, the guy who bought and painted it, is awesome.  And let's face it, it just LOOKS awesome.  I wonder how much Mr. Jackson would charge to come paint my apartment?

So basically, Jackson went out and bought this house that's across the street from the Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, Kansas. For those who haven't heard of Westboro, it's basically a group of people led by this guy, Fred Phelps, who are (in)famous for hating on LGBT people and crashing funerals with signs that say things like, "God hates [insert insulting, derogatory word for gay people here]."  Apparently their rationale behind such pickets is to proclaim their belief that God is punishing the world (through war / gun shootings / other events that result in death) because of humanity's moral decline as more and more people accept our LGBT friends/family/neighbors/acquaintances as being equal and, you know, basically exactly like everyone else on the planet.  Basically it's weird and ridiculously horrible, but hey, that's just my opinion.

I wonder what the folks over at Westboro think every time they look out the window of their church and see the rainbow house across the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment