Friday, March 8, 2013

Book Face: Teen Tech Week Challenge!


Sunday, March 10 marks the beginning of Teen Tech Week, a nation-wide event sponsored by YALSA (the Young Adult Library Services Association).  My goal for TTW this year is to encourage young adults (you guys!) to use the internet in the safest, most awesome ways possible and to interact with others--whether it's your friends and family, people you dislike, or people you've never met--with respect and kindness.

So speaking of doing something awesome on the internet, I'm issuing a challenge in honor of TTW.


TEEN TECH WEEK CONTEST:

Snap a picture of you with your best book face (or get someone to take one for you) and submit it to me at trastogi[at]amespubliclibrary.org as an attachment OR use the "Submit a Review" link above and send me a book/movie/music/game review.  I'll be posting all book faces and reviews here on this blog (with your permission).  What's a book face? See pictures above.  Also, click here for some amazing and hilarious examples.


DETAILS:
Teen Tech Week only lasts a week (okay, I know you're totally rolling your eyes here), but I'm going to run this contest from now through March 31.  When you submit a book face, let me know your full name, email, and age.  You can use any kind of book--kids, teen, adult, fiction, nonfiction--but keep it clean!

WHAT DO I GET?
Each time you submit a book face or review, you'll be entered into a raffle for a Lego Moleskine journal--the only journal that comes with a built-in lego block on its cover so that you can actually build on it--and a box of Legos (so you can do aforementioned building and playing!).  (Before you ask, yes, I do see the irony in holding a tech week drawing for the most lo-tech toy ever; that being said, unlike most technology, Legos never get old, obsolete, or so-bad-they're-funny--I'm looking at you, giant old cellphones from the 90's.)

No comments:

Post a Comment