I absolutely cannot wait for the November release of The Hunger Games and the second installment of The Hobbit in December; they're probably the two movies I'm looking forward to the most this year. In the meantime, though, there's Oz: the Great and Powerful (March), The Great Gatsby (May), and The City of Bones (August) to look forward to. (The Sea of Monsters, the second Percy Jackson book, is also coming out in August, but I have mixed feelings about that one. I didn't care for the fact that Percy is 11-years-old in The Lightning Thief, but like, 20 in the movie. Seriously, he looked older than me!)
So here's the trailer for The Mortal Instruments: The City of Bones, which is the first in a series of six books by Cassandra Clare (the sixth book comes out next year). I'm sure many of you have already read it, but if not, I'd definitely recommend it. The story begins when 15-year-old Clary witnesses a murder at the Pandemonium Club in New York City. Sounds like a call-the-cops kinda situation right? Yes, except the murderers in this case are seemingly invisible to everyone but Clary. Soon she's drawn into the world of Shadowhunters, whose mission is to hunt demons. It's a supernatural and suspenseful and generally awesome read; it's also slated to become the Next Big Thing after Twilight and The Hunger Games. That's a pretty bold prediction, I think, but who knows?
APL currently has three copies of the book which, as of today, are each are checked out, with two people on the holds list. If you're interested, definitely get on that list now! I guarantee the request list will only get longer and longer the closer we get to the movie's release date. (No pressure or anything though... :)
Apparently a movie is in the works for the first book in Clare's The Infernal Devices series, which is set in Victorian-era England and is a prequel to The Mortal Instruments. She's also currently in the process of writing another series, The Dark Artifices, a series of sequels to The Mortal Instruments. Geez, Cassandra Clare is one busy lady! Gonna be honest, it made me tired just writing all that out.
I didn't really like City of Bones.
ReplyDelete